Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week 3


Again, menu planning made a world of difference for us last week. We made 5 out of 6 dinners, the only one that was a bust was the Clam Sauce on Friday night due to the fact that I forgot I had a dinner meeting. Fortunately, my fantabulous sister was on hand and invited my husband and children to her house for dinner and a little after dinner Rock Band extravaganza. I can’t wait to see the pictures of my 8- and 5-year olds rocking out to music written well before they were born! As one of my wonderful readers pointed out - clam sauce is one of my pantry staples, so back on the shelf it goes until next time. Below are this week’s offerings and as always for more menu planning ideas, please visit OrgJunkie. She’s the best!


Monday - Grilled Chicken Teriyaki, Green beans, French bread


Tuesday - Sweet Potato Risotto, side salad


Wednesday - Taco night!


Thursday - Grilled Mango Chicken Sausage over salad


Friday - Pasta night -Homemade Tomato Sauce and Meatballs over Spaghetti, garlic bread


Saturday - Braised Short Ribs in slow cooker, Polenta


Sunday - Souper Sunday - Pasta Fagiole

5 comments:

  1. That Sweet Potato Risotto looks incredible! My husband and I are definitely sweet potato enthusiasts, I'll have to give that a try! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by too! The risotto is seriously good - definitely give it a try. The only change I make to the recipe is to use broth instead of water and then omit any other added salt. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was disciplined enough to do menu planning, but then again, it's just me and the hubster both working from home and we just eat whatever, whenever. That probably makes the extreme menu planner just cringe! :)

    visiting from SITS - hope you're having a good week!

    - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret - I'm not even close to an extreme menu planner and have blown it each of the last two nights! I forgot tonight was Back-to-School night for the parents so we just ordered pizza to make things easy on me. Sometimes I think your situation might be easier - no kids to complain! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I must start doing meal planning. Your sweet potato risotto sounds fantastic. Thanks so much for swinging by my blog on my Sits Day last week:-)

    ReplyDelete